This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

CRM 2015 Online Update 1 - Bing Maps API Key

May 19, 2015 at 3:56 PM
I installed CRM Chart Map 3.0 RC1 on a CRM 2015 Update 1 Online.
I am unable to find the button to enter the Bing Maps API Key on the Chart Map grid or form pages - any suggestions?
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
I have the same problem.

Fresh install and CRM 2015 Update 1 Online. Cannot find the button on the Config Form.

Bug or has I misunderstood the location?
Jun 25, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Hi,

I also have the same issue - the button is not there, and there seems to be no way to enter the Key elsewhere?

Thanks,

Nick
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2015 at 10:49 PM
The code detects if you are using CRM Online if the URL contains the string "crm.dynamics.com". If so it will display the button, if not, then not.
This is where you should see it:

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Ooh, that explains it.

I'm in EMEA where we have crm4.dynamics.com, so that would not trigger the button.

Guess you should use dynamics.com as identifier to be compatible with the rest of the CRM world :-)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328127.aspx

I changed the javascript with a hard coded key and repacked the solution, but would be nice to have an updated solution.

But very nice work, a great project to learn from!

Best,
Christian
Jun 25, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Ah yes, we have crm4.dynamics.com, so same problem!

Is there a fix we can use that isn't too complex?? (I'm a hardware guy not software!)

Thanks,

Nick
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM
I just did some poking around for a better way to detect if we're in CRM Online or not. And it turns out there is an undocumented command:
 Xrm.Page.context.isCrmOnline()
It exists in 2015 0.1 (7.0.1), but I don't know when it was introduced, I'm pretty sure I can't rely on it for all the versions I support. So it's a first choice, and using the URL as a fallback method. I've just done a code check-in. But I won't have an updated solution zip for a while.

Simplest solution for the non-software guys out there:
  1. Copy the full contents of the file to clipboard dd_chartMapEntityScript.js
  2. Find the same web resource in your CRM instance, and edit it
  3. Fully replace the contents of that file, with the updated version that you copied
  4. Save the web resource, and publish changes
Jun 29, 2015 at 11:44 AM
Thank you.

The button appears now, but, nothing happens when you click it...?
Feb 25, 2016 at 9:53 AM
Edited Feb 25, 2016 at 10:51 AM
Hi,

I replaced the library and had to change the function call from onLoad to "chartMap.onLoad" on the form. However, I still can't see the button, any other suggestion?

...So, I managed to get the button dispalyed, entered the key but get random js erorrs...

Thanks.
Apr 17, 2016 at 4:41 PM
I had this problem too and solved it by simply changing "crm" to "crm4" in the following line of code in the dd_chartMapEntityScript.js web resource
    return Xrm.Page.context.getClientUrl().indexOf("crm4.dynamics.com") > -1;
I had to do this in the default solution (Settings > Customisations) of course, but it did the trick.