Use address Fields from Regarding entity

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Is it possible to use the address fields from a regarding entity for a map?

I have a Stock Item entity & a Customer Entity. When viewing my stock items & using the Chart Map, I want to be able to see the items based on their Regarding Customer's address

Is that possible?
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2015 at 5:31 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Yes, this works, but can sometimes be buggy. Let me know if you have problems with making it work.

The sample map for Opportunity uses this feature. It uses the address from the parent account to display the opportunity locations.

To make this work, in your chart config, just enter the address values like this:
new_YourRegardingEntityId.address1_line1
where "new_YourRegardingEntityId" is the name of the Lookup Field and "address1_line1" is the name of the address field on the regarding record.
Apr 1, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Thanks that worked great for me :)
Apr 1, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Would it be possible to add 2 fields to the Name Field ?
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2015 at 10:02 PM
KD1984 wrote:
Would it be possible to add 2 fields to the Name Field ?
That's not in the plans. But you can make that work by creating a new field, and write some code to concatenate the two fields into the new field.
Or if your on CRM 2015, I think you can do a no-code solution using a calculated field. In pretty sure calculated fields can concat strings... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Jul 4 at 2:07 PM
wedge905 wrote:
Yes, this works, but can sometimes be buggy. Let me know if you have problems with making it work.

The sample map for Opportunity uses this feature. It uses the address from the parent account to display the opportunity locations.

To make this work, in your chart config, just enter the address values like this:
new_YourRegardingEntityId.address1_line1
where "new_YourRegardingEntityId" is the name of the Lookup Field and "address1_line1" is the name of the address field on the regarding record.
You say sometimes it can be buggy. I created a new map to opportunity entity successfully. In the chart map config I matched the location fields with the parent account fields on the opportunity. The chart map is not reacting to the opportunity list.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.