This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Use in Custom Entities

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I've revised the org XML to use Bing Maps in some of my custom entities - will this chart control be available for those entities if I install it?
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM
I recommend downloading the latest version, it supports custom entities without the need for any xml editing.
Marked as answer by wedge905 on 9/2/2014 at 12:53 PM
Apr 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
I installed the newest version but now I don't see a way of configuing it and how to apply it to an entity???
Apr 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM
I found how to apply it to an entity but the maps won't render because there is no config page attached to the solution, allowing input of Bing Maps key, etc.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM
The documentation is a work in progress... Once you've installed it, go to Settings > Extensions > Chart Maps
When you create a new Chart Map Entity, it will trigger a plugin that creates the new chart for you.
You should see four charts there initially, use them as examples of how it should look when correctly set up. I'll explain the basic fields here:

Chart Name: This is the name of the chart that uses will see and click on from the chart selection
Entity Type: the unique name of the custom entity that the chart will be applied to
Map Type: Leave this as standard for now. But don't be afraid to experiment with the heat maps later
Chart Description: The long description of the chart

Address Fields: Each of these must be a valid attribute name for the specified entity
Name Field: This field is used as the title in the infobox
The rest of the address fields should be self explanatory.
Note that you CAN use optionset and lookup fields for any of those values.

Pin Settings:
Pin Clustering: This setting groups together any pins that are too close together on the map
Cluster Radius: The distance, in pixels, that two pins must be apart from each other before they are clustered
Cluster Title: Replaces the Name Field for any clustered pins

Note: You need to do a Publish All for the new chart to be recognized.
Also: The validation on that form is not yet 100% complete. So if you create a new chart, and it doesn't work, then go back to the config and make sure all fields are correct and all settings are filled in.
Apr 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Thanks for the detailed info. But how do I input my Bing Map key? No config page is attached to the solution.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM
csgexec wrote:
I found how to apply it to an entity but the maps won't render because there is no config page attached to the solution, allowing input of Bing Maps key, etc.
It should still render, even without a key. It will just put a bar across the map saying that you need a key. I'm not sure at what point that config page went missing... but I've updated the solution, you can download again and you'll see the config now. For future reference, if the config page doesn't show up in the solution, you can always open the dd_chartMapConfig.htm webresource directly and make config changes there.

As mentioned in my previous post, if the chart doesn't render, then double check the settings in the Chart Map Entity that you created.