How does map cluster address1_line1?

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:45 PM
I am trying to figure out how exactly the cluster map groups the items together. Because if all you have is the street for the address how does it know where the longitude and latitude are? Are all the address fields required to make this accurate? Just interested in finding out how this process works and to be able to explain what is needed to make it accurate.
Dec 25, 2015 at 3:25 AM
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2016 at 4:59 PM
I don't recommend the settings shown in that screenshot. When caching is enabled (as it is shown there), then the solution will overwrite the address, with the latitude/longitude. I should add a validation check to prevent that, because that could cause data loss.

To answer the original question: If the address includes lat/long, then it will use that. If you don't have the lat/long, then it uses the Bing Maps API to geocode the address into a set of coordinates. Further, if you enable caching, then it will save the lat/long that it find into the lat/long fields that you specify.
Not all the address values are required to make this work, however the more values are included, the more accurate the geocoding result will be.