This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mapping of PO Box Addresses

May 12, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Hi there :) I'm playing around with my mapping results. I'm wondering how does the program decide when and when not to map a PO Box address? I'm experiencing that its a hit and miss situation. For example, I've got 239 accounts with a PO Box address and only 66 of them are plotting on the map. There doesn't appear to be a consistent rule being taken into account because the plotted accounts vary in availability of City and Zip. But for the most part the addresses have full PO Box/City/State/Zip, so why aren't the majority of these addresses plotting? Thanks!
Coordinator
May 14, 2015 at 4:43 AM
I've seen issues like that, I haven't quite figured it out yet.
As best as I can tell, it seems to be some limitation of the bing maps license, something like a limit on the number of requests per second.

One of the features I'm working on is a "retry" feature, which will retry the geocoding whenever it fails for no particular reason. I've only had mixed results with it so far, and even when it does work it's been causing an unacceptable performance hit. So I won't be releasing it just yet.
Long story short, I'm aware of that issue, and working on it.
Coordinator
May 14, 2015 at 4:51 AM
I just checked in that latest code, in case anyone wants to experiment with it. But I probably won't be including it in a CRM Solution until its a bit more stable.
May 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Thank you for responding :)