This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Breadcrumb Trail

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:17 PM
I had posted this in another thread but figured it deserved its own, do you have any plans to offer breadcrumb functionality where based on the order of the view, the pins are numbered in ascending order based on the order of the records in the view? this way a user can view a map and see the trail? Perhaps I have a list of appointments and want to see the map pins of each appointment in order of the schedule?
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015 at 6:45 PM
This solution was never intended as a route planner. Although it can certainly be used that way, even in its current form.
I don't think this is a path I want to go down (pun intended). Maybe someday, but not in the foreseeable future. It would add too much work and complexity than I can afford these days.
Mar 3, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2015 at 6:47 PM
Understood completely. My thought by the way was not necessarily something to help you plan a route, rather the goal is to see a dataset on a map, in chronological order.
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean. You basically want to be able to tell which dot on the map is which row in the grid? Without clicking on the dots. Makes sense, I'll have to think about that one.
Only big catch is that it would totally fail on a clustered map. To make it work effectively, it would have to be limited to maps with clustering disabled.
Mar 3, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The only way I can think of to make it work with clustering enabled would be instead of putting a number representing the order of the pins as I mentioned previously, to have a breadcrumb trail, so basically small dots linking each pin. So you find on the map the starting pin and then follow a dotted trail from pin to pin. Otherwise, I agree with what you said regarding only working if cluster is not enabled.