This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't get heat maps for opportunities

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM
This is a great plug-in, thank you!

I was able to create a Bing developer account and assign an API key and get the chart map working for Accounts.

However, when I click to view opportunities, and look for the heat map in the chart drop down, I don't have it.

Is there something I need to configure?
thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2014 at 6:03 AM
I see the problem. There's a bug in the new release that causes that map not to be generated for new deployments. Updating an existing deployment does not experience this issue. I'll release an update asap. But until then, there is a workaround available. You must completely uninstall 2.2:
  1. Delete the existing chart configurations.
  2. Delete the web resource dd_chartmapconfig.js
  3. Delete the chart map solution.
Now you can install one of the previous releases, I suggest 2.1. Then update to 2.2. That will get you the opportunity heat map that is supposed to be included.
Sep 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
If you're going to release an update in a matter of days, I'll just wait. When I do update to a newer version, will I also need to go through these uninstall steps, or will it just update the existing solution?
thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM
You will still need to go through the uninstall, if you want it to automatically add the heat map. But there's no reason you can't add the heat map manually. You can do that now, and it will carry over just fine when you update.
Here's a screenshot that shows the default values for the OOB Opportunity heat map. If you duplicate this, there will be no difference between if you create it manually, or if it gets automatically created:

But of course, please feel free to experiment with different settings. I still plan to put out some good documentation at some point that explains what everything does...
Sep 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Thanks - I want to try to add the map manually, but I can't seem to figure out how to get to this screen. I've tried accessing it from the Customizations window, and the Solutions > Chart maps window, but can't seem to find anything resembling this. I'm on 2013 online.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2014 at 6:49 PM
You'll find the individual chart configs directly under the Settings menu, it is not in the solution configuration.

Also, FYI: I've recently added some documentation (finally) regarding how to configure the charts. So take a look at that for some detail about what the settings do and some best practices/suggestions to follow.
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Ah, got it! I wasn't able to make any changes to those 2 locked fields - Intensity and Deviations, so they're still blank. But it still seems to be working fine anyway. Thanks!

EDIT - Dur, I figured it out. It's based on the dropdown field before it. Read your documentation.
Thanks!