"Record is unavailable" when pressing an Account on the map

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Edited Sep 2, 2014 at 6:24 AM
"Update 02-09-14"

I found out that Accounts owned by me, opens fine, but if they belong to another owner, i get the error.

I have Adminitrator role, so this should not be the problem....

The solution works fantanstic.

I have one problem though.
When i press the Account name on the map, the Account form does not open, and i get the following error: "Record is Unavailable"
It works on the other entities - no problem

Hope you can help!
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Yeah, it's unlikely to be a permission issue. If you didn't have permission to view the record, then it would not have appeared in the grid in the first place.

But since this is working for other entities, just not for Account... Do you have any custom logic that either runs on the Account entity during Retrieve, or onLoad of the form? Or is your Account form configured with any parameters? Perhaps there is some conflict there due to the way the map is linking the records. It's using supported methods, so I would not expect to see a problem there, but it's possible...

Also, can you check one of the links that is not working, and confirm if the GUID in the link matches the correct GUID for the record?
Sep 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Goodmorning

Tried to remove all our modifications OnLoad, but the problem remains

There is a difference in the GUID though...

This one is the link from the chart that fails:

....../main.aspx?etc=1&extraqs=%3fetc%3d1%26id%3dd0a46c1d-c849-df11-b6f4-001aa0786f48%26pagemode%3diframe%26preloadcache%3d1409723049582&pagetype=entityrecord

And this is the link of the Account that works:

...../main.aspx?etc=1&extraqs=formid%3db053a39a-041a-4356-acef-ddf00182762b&id=%7b1E9D3A89-30F8-E211-A8F2-BC305BF762E7%7d&pagetype=entityrecord
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Weird. This issue has been reported before, but without enough detail to be able to track it down.

Have you customized the map config in any way? And if so, can you post a screenshot of the map config for accounts?
Is that happening for individual pins, or for clustered pins? Or both?
Nov 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Hi,

I faced the same issue and was able to resolve it.

I was able to see it for the views that were sorted on a field having dollar amounts. Did some digging and found that Id on the zeroth position was not record GUID.

To resolve this, I modified parseAttributes function in dd_ChartMap.htm

replaced
attributes.id = entity.getElementsByTagName("a:Id")[0].text;

with
var idElementCount = entity.getElementsByTagName("a:Id").length;
attributes.id = entity.getElementsByTagName("a:Id")[idElementCount - 1].text;
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM
So instead of assuming the id is first in the list, it assumes the id is last. Most of the time it's the only thing in the list so it doesn't make a difference. But neither of those assumptions are truly safe.
The new v3 solution has a whole new parser, far more powerful. This issue should be resolved by default.