This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't make it work!

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Hi,

I installed your solution successfully in my environment and configured it also. I saved and published all changes. Charts are there on Account entity but selecting records on Active Accounts view is not effecting on chart-it's not showing locations or clustering them as show in your screenshot. I made some custom charts, filled out all fields and same issue- charts are there but not refreshing by my selection of records. I am publishing every change but no luck. Also, it's not displaying heat map when I select it to display in Chart Map entity settings.

Please let me know what I am missing here. Thank you very much!
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM
So what do you see rendered in the map? Is it throwing an error or anything like that?
Are you using the standard address fields in CRM, or custom address fields?
Aug 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM
It's not throwing any error. I do see a simple chart map but it doesn't cluster/gather locations when I select records. I am using standard Address fields.

I guess I should ask you how I can tell Chart map to cluster my Contacts OR Accounts when I am in either of view?

Thank you.
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I think there's a misunderstanding about what the clustering is. Pin Clustering combines multiple pins together into a single pin. This is for the purpose of a better user experience/making it easier to read the map. This is what you want when there are many pins closely bunched together or overlapping each other. But if you don't want to use clustering it can be turned off.

It will automatically cluster pins together if they are too close together. You can configure the clustering radius (in pixels) in the map config page. The included charts cluster radius are set to 30 by default, which will trigger clustering on any pins that are touching each other.

You will notice that as you zoom in or zoom out on the map, the pins will automatically cluster/uncluster as needed.

The selected rows in the grid do not affect the map in any way.
Aug 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Good morning,

I think we have miscommunicated here. The issue is that when the chart is displaying, it is not showing the pins for the records in the view. The only thing showing up on the maps are red dots for capital cities of countries. Image

Please advise.

Thank you,

Huma